Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year and New Path

I've been very neglectful of my blog in 2010. Not one post. One reason was that I was the busiest ever on the weekends with my photography, between traveling around the state or shoots booked with clients, I was definitely always going somewhere.... but not always sure where.

I made it my goal in 2010 to figure out just what I wanted to do as a photographer. Landscapes, portraits, seniors, motocross or weddings; I've been trying hard to find my niche.
I ran across this poster and it made me stop and pause. I actually think I'm going to go back and buy it. I don't want to go down the same path as everyone else, I sure don't want to be your average photographer. I don't want to just take photos, I want to capture memories and a moment in time.
I surely hope, with some help from some great friends and mentors far and near, to be able to take my business to the next level and to be able to begin to work for myself and set my own hours and schedule, and get more time with my family.
I'm looking forward to 2011 being my breakout year. What about you?

1 comment:

Momobug said...

Well said - - Wishing you the best, Lara!
-Ann